In just a few short weeks, I will be holding my very first styling seminars at a fabulous local event…The 2nd Annual Girls’ Weekend Getaway hosted by a local fundraising group Helping Hands/Making It Count Event Planners. The Girls’ Weekend Getaway will be held March 31-April 2 at the Ramada Inn in Watertown, New York. You can read more about the details on the event’s Facebook page. I am super excited about this opportunity to help other women rediscover their edge!
One of the seminars I will be leading will be How to Transition Your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring. And my outfit today is a perfect example of how you can add a little touch of Spring into your wardrobe during the crazy long Winters we experience here in the North Country.
Oftentimes, at this point in a North Country Winter, the sun can be quite deceiving. It gives the appearance that Spring is in the air yet the temperatures are still quite frigid. Actually, the day we shot these photos, the sun was so, so bright, but the temperature was in the 20’s and the wind was making it even colder. So how is a girl to stay warm and start making the transition into Spring?
1. Keep wearing layers. Here I have a tank top and leggings underneath my dress. Plus the dress is fully lined. While the fabric of the dress is a lightweight rayon blend perfect for Spring, it is long sleeved and the midi length provides a little extra warmth. I also had a super frumpy black cardigan on top which we didn’t even photograph due to the frump factor!
2. Add a lightweight scarf in a Springtime color and/or print. This pink silk scarf with a floral print is perfect for this transition. Although it is lightweight, it is still keeping my neck warm. But the color, fabric, and print scream Springtime!
3. Grab yourself a pair of booties in a pretty Spring hue. These pink booties will transition nicely during this time of year. Well, first of all, they are boots. And around here, we need to wear boots well into May! But they are a beautiful shade of blush pink…again singing out Springtime!
4. Wear a wide brimmed hat. This big floppy hat in burgundy is the most amazing addition at this time of year when the sun is shining but the wind is cold. The wide brim blocks out the sun while the wool felt keeps my head warm.
5. Accessorize with a whimsical printed bag. Mine has birds! And aren’t birds so symbolic of the arrival of Spring?
So I might have been freezing half to death out there, but I definitely felt like I was channeling Spring! How do you transition your Winter wardrobe to Spring?
Dress: Old Navy Printed Ruffle Hem Shirt Dress.
Scarf: StyleWe Dongjingji Pink Printed Abstract Vintage Scarf.
Hat: Target (Similar here).
Booties: Charlotte Russe Pointed Toe Chunky Heeled Booties in Mauve.
Bag: Relic for Kohl’s (No longer available. Other bird print purses here and here).
Now let’s check out some of your favorite Springtime transition posts from last week’s link up!
As always, thank you, ladies, for keeping us inspired. And thanks to all of you who visit each week and add your links!
Looking for Spring from the edge,
Linking up with these Fabulous Link Ups.