Back in May, I wrote a post about scarves being my signature accessory (you can read that post here). A few weeks ago, I realized that “scarves are my thing” might be a bit of an understatement. It might actually be a problem. An obsession, perhaps. An addiction, maybe. Not only can I not pass by any scarf with a gorgeous, brilliant, interesting, or unique print…but I often feel this compulsion to seek them out. If you have been reading my blog, you know, however, that I like to find a great deal and then brag about it. So a few weeks ago, I headed to my local Salvation Army Family Store in search of some magnificent scarf that would satiate my scarf craving. And I left with 16. Problem? But they were all so pretty. And they were all between $.50 and $1.99. And I just couldn’t leave the pretty little things there. So I brought them all home, washed them with care, and took photos for you all to see. I do apologize…I did not press or steam them yet…so they are a little wrinkled and my presentation is far from fabulous. But none of this makes my thrift store scarf haul any less fabulous! Now I am looking forward to cooler weather so I can really show my scarf game! Enjoy…
1. This one is a larger square scarf with a tan and red paisley print. I am seeing so many possibilities with styling this one with its beautiful versatile colors and pattern.
2. This one is also a larger scarf with an abstract print of deep red, plum, and mustard yellow on an olive background. I am super excited about the colors in this scarf as I have so much of all of these colors in my Fall wardrobe.
3. This is a small square neckerchief style scarf. It has a brown and green floral print on an ivory background. The corner reads, ” Give love freely and recognize when you are loved. Memories are like the return of springtime flowers.” I just adore this little saying.
4. This scarf is also a small square neckerchief with a geometric square pattern in various shades of blue and white. And I am realizing blue is one of “my” colors. So I snapped this one up!
5. This scarf I almost put back because it was looking a tad bit worn…but then I decided it was just a very beloved scarf and I really loved the bright turquoise and floral pattern. Plus I don’t have any scarves in my collection that resemble this one. So I gave it a new home! This is a medium square.
6. This one is also a medium sized scarf and I wasn’t thrilled with the stiff fabric, but I really loved the black border and the rich colors in the red intricate mandala pattern. It reminds me of the super popular adult coloring books.
7. This green and navy checkered scarf is one of my favorites. It is a larger square and I love blue and green together. Also, it is made from a recycled sari. And it is not intended to be used as a scarf, rather it is supposed to be used as a gift wrap. But I like too much to use it that way plus I’m not giving it away!
8. This turquoise and lime green scarf is also a small square neckerchief. The colors and pattern on this one just made me smile. It is perfect for early spring or even an Easter outfit. I can actually picture this scarf tied on the handle of a gorgeous white handbag!
9. This small square neckerchief reminds me of a tablecloth or curtains from the 1970’s and I just fell for it right away. It is the perfect amount of vintage, retro, and ugly. I love it!
10. I am super excited to style this neckerchief in the Fall. I love the leaf pattern and the black and red color combination sets the perfect autumn mood.
11. I don’t always like geometric prints, but the variegated square print on this medium square neckerchief struck me as quite interesting. I’m not sure how I am going to style it yet, but I’m sure it will come to me!
12. This taupe printed scarf is a larger square and has all of the colors I need for fall and winter. I love the rich tones in the print and combined on the neutral background, I’m sure it is going to be as versatile as the first scarf!
13. This green and black paisley scarf is a long rectangle scarf perfect for Fall and Winter. Green is my absolute favorite color and this particular shade of green just left me swooning. I had been wanting a scarf exactly like this one, so I was thrilled when I found it!
14. This scarf is a really large rectangular scarf, which I love. I hate when an oblong scarf is not wide enough to drape around my shoulders, but this one certainly is. And I love the rich autumnal colors and floral pattern. I think I am going to wear this one frequently in the cooler months.
15. I am always a sucker for plaid and I only have a few lightweight plaid scarves (most of my plaid scarves are blanket scarves), so I was very excited to find this long lightweight scarf in a darker plaid. It reminds me of my 90’s grunge days and I am excited to style it that way again!
16. And I did save the best for last. This scarf is just everything. It’s gigantic. It’s bright. It’s fun. And now it’s mine!
I hope you enjoyed the very long presentation of my thrift store scarf haul. So, tell me, do you think I have a problem? But more importantly, tell me, which is your favorite? And how would you style it?
Acknowledging my problem (but not doing anything about it) on the edge,
Linking up with these Fabulous Link Ups Where I Link Up
*This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you click on these links and make purchases. It costs you nothing and supports my website. All opinions expressed are my own and are in no way influenced by any compensation that may be received. Thank you for your support.