Hot Chocolate Design came onto my radar a few years ago via a Facebook ad. You know, those annoying pops up on your side bar which make you wonder if Big Brother is really watching. How did Facebook know that I am an incurable shoe addict with a penchant for strange and whimsical footwear? I know, I know, it’s all about algorithms and search history and all that stuff. But weird still, no?
*This is not a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own. I have not been compensated in any way for this publication.
In any event, it is how I came across this innovative accessories brand founded in 2004 by a Venezuelan couple who wanted to produce a unique and creative brand for customers who were fleeing away from the uniformity and rigidity of mass produced products. In the words of founders Pablo Martínez and Carolina Aguerrevere:
“The inspiration behind HCD comes mainly from our own lifestyle; our passion for collecting vintage items and certain nostalgia for all of the things that made us feel happy and comfortable when we were young. In our design brainstorms, we draw from items, colors, textures and patterns that we treasured in our infancy as well as our yearning to come across them again in our adult lives, transformed as Hot Chocolate Design ® one of a kind accessories.”
Offering the most creative and unique designs in shoes, bathing suits, purses, bags, and home products, Hot Chocolate Design produces limited collections so that retired products take on the status of collector’s items for many of their fans. They provide free two day shipping but they do currently only ship within the United States. However, if you live outside of the U.S., that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy all the pretty designs that I am going to share. Without further adieu, check out some of my favorite things from Hot Chocolate Design.
My Favorite Heels
1. Chocolaticas® High Heels Spider Web Women’s Mary Jane Pump
2. Chocolaticas® High Heels Doris Women’s Mary Jane Pump
3. Chocolaticas® High Heels 1970 Women’s Mary Jane Pump
4. Chocolaticas® High Heels Marie Antoinette Women’s Mary Jane Pump
My Favorite Flats
1. Chocolaticas® Breakfast Women’s Mary Jane Flat
2. Chocolaticas® Lucy In The Sky Women’s Mary Jane Flat
3. Chocolaticas® Cartoon Women’s Mary Jane Flat
4. Chocolaticas® Bon Voyage Women’s Mary Jane Flat
My Favorite Platforms
1. Chocolaticas® Toiles de Jouy Women’s Mary Jane Platform
2. Chocolaticas® Habana Flower Women’s Mary Jane Platform
3. Chocolaticas® Kitsch Picnic Women’s Mary Jane Platform
4. Chocolaticas® Op Art Women’s Mary Jane Platform
So if you enjoy art and shoes and expressing your creativity through your own personal unique style, Hot Chocolate Design is probably a company that will appeal to your tastes. Happy Shopping!
Keeping it on the edge,
Linking up with these Fabulous Link Ups.