Remember a few weeks back I attended the Forever Fierce Meet Up at Chico’s in New York City? I know I have gushed about the fabulous, inspiring, empowering women whom I met at that event. It was one of the most rewarding experiences to date in my blogging journey. Today, I need to tell you all about a gorgeous, brilliant, and talented lawyer-by-day, jewelry designer by night whom I met that day! Her name is Lydia Gobena and she owns the Etsy shop Birabiro where she sells her Boldly Organic Jewelry which she designs and creates herself. You can also find her on Instagram @birabiro.
*This is not a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
I find Lydia’s pieces to be so unique and inspiring. And what is better than that in a piece of jewelry? I can tell you what’s better. You are also getting a handmade quality piece that is created with passion and love. And if you purchase one of these stunning pieces, you are also supporting a small business owned and operated by a woman. Today, I want to share some of my favorite pieces from Lydia’s collection.
My Favorite Bracelets
1. Nevertheless, She Persisted. Brass Bracelet ($32.50).
2. Sofia Bracelet – Wavy Asymmetrical Rose Gold Plated Brass Bangle Bracelet ($65.00).
3. Sterling Silver New York Cuff ($135.00).
4. Nevertheless, She Persisted Bangle in Silver ($65.00).
“Birabiro was born from the simple idea that jewelry is not something that should be merely worn but something that should be enjoyed and express the personality of the wearer. Most of our pieces are handmade, making them individual and perfectly imperfect.
We are inspired by the beauty and imperfection of nature and the birthplace of the designer — Ethiopia. Many of our product names are derived from Ethiopian names and places.”
My Favorite Rings
1. Riverwalk Ring – Cast Sterling Silver Statement Ring ($135.00).
2. Wondo Genet Sterling Silver Ring with Aquamarines ($110.00).
3. Double Titanium Druzy Bypass Sterling Silver Ring (Adjustable) ($95.00).
4. Stunning Pyrite Sterling Ring ($125.00).
My Favorite Earrings
1. Lava Earrings – Cast Sterling Silver with Oxidized Matte Finish ($98.00).
2. Convertible Druzy Earrings ($95.00).
3. Abish Earring in Brass with Sterling Silver Wire ($85.00).
4. Rock Crystal Silver Earrings ($30.00).
With the holidays quickly approaching, now is the time to start thinking of gift ideas for your loved ones (and for yourself, of course). I am trying to make a serious effort to shop small and local this year. So if you need a special gift for a special woman in your life, consider some of these magnificent pieces from Birabiro. Happy shopping!
Keeping it on the edge,
Linking up with these Fabulous Link Ups.