It’s time for the second installation of my Little Bits of Inspiration. People, things, articles on the internet that have inspired me this week:
1. This! This Huffington Post article: 25 Women Bare Their Gloriously Unretouched Thighs…And Describe Them in One Word! Wow! This is one of the most liberating pieces I have read in a while. For a woman who has struggled with body image issues and particularly my thighs, this article definitely resonates with me in a very positive way!
2. Sylvia of 40+ Style is a fashion blogger I have been following for a while now. She, like many other bloggers in my favorites tab, celebrates expressing our own unique style after the age of 40 and beyond. A recent post Why do women feel the need to criticize other women’s style? is a wonderful commentary on how completely unnecessary negative comments are with regard to the fashion decisions of others. Unless it is your best friend asking for your honest opinion, then follow the cardinal rule “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all!”
(Only my sister, L., can get away unharmed with her response to my question “Do these pants make me look fat?” She responds, “No. The fat makes you look fat!” This is said with all the love in the world and has become one of our inside jokes!)
3. I also have been following Anett Kallestad of Tall Girl’s Fashion since I first got the idea of blogging in my head. She, too, has been a great source of inspiration and encouragement for me from the beginning of my journey. Her style is so classy, unique, and fun. Anett and her blog have encouraged me to venture outside of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion. She also has offered much appreciated words of encouragement to me during my hesitant days of contemplating this crazy little blogging journey of mine. Additionally, Anett is the reason I finally jumped on the gray jeans bandwagon and now I love my gray jeans! Thank you, Anett, for continuing to inspire me!
4. Patti of Not Dead Yet Style continues to inspire me since the beginning of my blogging journey. Check out her amazing and insightful post on Perfectionism: How to Change the Channel and Find Joy. I think we can all learn a something from this fabulous lady!
5. Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun caught my interest very early on in my search for 40 plus style inspiration. The name of her blog really gets right to the heart of what she does. She keeps fashion fun! And why not? Getting dressed in the morning shouldn’t just be an irritating chore. Planning outfits and putting them together should be fun and if you view it that way, it will be! Thank you for keeping it light and inspiring, Dawn Lucy!
I would love to hear who and what inspires you!
Always inspired on the edge,