Before I decided to start my own blog, I sought out and discovered a wonderful abundance of like-minded bloggers who have inspired me and who have made me think a little deeper about topics such as body image, style image, self care, self confidence, and self motivation. I have been modeling parts of my blog after little bits of inspiration that I have found on other blogs. Many of these fabulous bloggers publish periodic lists of what has inspired them and I find so much great information from these links. There are so many bloggers and so many amazing posts on the internet that it is impossible to read them all, so I am thankful that others share what they have found inspiring and thought-provoking.
During my weekly reading of other blogs, certain posts will strike me and I want to share what has inspired me. At first I wasn’t sure where to share the wealth of information. Then I realized, wait, I have created this online forum for myself to share my thoughts and inspirations. And so begins my periodic (weekly, biweekly, monthly) post of Little Bits of Inspiration.
1. Sally McGraw of Already Pretty was one of the first fashion and lifestyle bloggers who really inspired me. In her post, Style as Self Care, she writes, “Personally, I find it easier to feel good if I look good first.” I started approaching style as self care a few months ago, and I have to agree with Sally. If I take care of how I look, I feel so much better about myself and accomplish so much more. This post is definitely worth reading.
2. Catherine Summers of Not Dressed as Lamb was also one of the first bloggers to really inspire me! She started the #iwillwearwhatilike movement on Instagram where she opposes the idea of age appropriate dressing and encourages women of all ages to wear what they like and be fabulous! She is the reason I created an Instagram account! Thank you, Catherine, for empowering women around the globe!
3. Jo-Lynne Shane was also an early inspiration for me with her easy, casual Daily Mom Style posts. I love her outlook on getting dressed as a stay-at-home mom: “If you’re at home every day as I am, perhaps it will inspire you to take a few extra minutes to put on pants that button and add an accessory or two. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, you know.”
4. Linda of A Labour of Life is always keeping it real, especially in her post about accepting the aging process and its downsides like loss of bladder control. I don’t know about you, but ever since I had children, my bladder sometimes can’t handle a laugh, a sneeze, a cough, and sometimes even a fart. If your bladder has weakened over the years, this post is definitely worth reading, if not for anything but to let you know that you are not alone! While addressing serious aging issues in a humorous way, Linda also shares daily outfit inspiration proving you can wear whatever you want at any age! Thanks, Linda!
5. Ann Krembs of Kremb de la Kremb was the blogger who made me realize that I could actually do this blog thing. I remember posting a comment on one of her posts when I was just contemplating launching a fashion and lifestyle blog. I found so much in common with her and felt comfortable enough letting her know my blog plans. She immediately offered the encouragement I needed as well an open invitation to contact her if I had any questions about the ins and outs of blogging. This all from one stranger to another half way across the world! It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this amazing community of supportive, empowering, encouraging female bloggers! I really admire the way Ann pushes the fashion boundaries and creates such amazing and unique styles for herself. If you are looking for inspiration, definitely check out her blog! Thank you, Ann, for the kick in the pants I needed to launch my silly little website!
And a great big thank you to all of the wonderful bloggers whom I have encountered since beginning this adventure! I plan to highlight each and every one of you who have inspired me as well as those of you whom I have yet to discover! There are so many great blogs out there and I am having a grand ole time! I have a lot of work still to do and improvements to be made (like, I need to get a camera and a tripod to fix these crazy picture issues), but I also have as much time as I want to get it done!
Thank you all for reading!
Keeping it on the edge,
Linked with: Creative Mondays Blog Hop with Claire Justine oxox